Using the VPN will automatically disable your local SmartDNS settings. Please choose either the one or the other.
You will have to re-submit your IP address each time it changes (router reboots, new location, etc.)
1. Open up System Preferences and find Network
2. Then select either Wi-Fi or Ethernet depending on the method you use to connect to the Internet.
3. Once selected click the advanced button on the lower right-side
4. Then select "DNS"
5. Click the small plus on the lower left hand side
6. Add 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
7. Remove any other DNS address
8. Click OK
9. Then click Apply
10. Restart your computer